When women come in for breast augmentation we want them to have options. Dr. Sajjadian offers both saline and silicone gel implants to ensure that each patient’s aesthetic goals can be met. Today, let’s take a look at another implant option available: MENTOR® MemoryShape® breast implants. These implants are a type of silicone implant, but instead of being filled with a liquid gel, they are filled with a cohesive gel. Which implants are right for you? Talk with Dr. Sajjadian and find out.
What Are MemoryShape® Implants?
MemoryShape® breast implants are one of the newer implant options available. They received FDA approval in June of 2013 and have been a popular implant choice since then. The implants are a silicone type of implant that features a firmer, more cohesive gel filling. These implants are available in a variety of sizes.
Cohesive gel implants like the MemoryShape® implants have a few benefits that our patients really enjoy. These include:
- Teardrop Shape: The MemoryShape® implants are teardrop shaped for a more natural-looking breast. They are thinner at the top and slope to full projection. This mimics the natural shape of the breast for stunning results that look real.
- Textured Surface: MemoryShape® implants feature a unique surface texture to hold your implant in place. This helps to ensure that your stunning results last.
- Shape Retention: A liquid-filled implant (including saline and traditional silicone gel implants) can begin to droop or sag over time. Since the MemoryShape® implants are more solid, they have excellent shape retention, even years after your surgery.
- Youthful Feel: Patients love the way these implants feel. They give the breast a very natural, very youthful feel.
- Low Rupture Rate: MemoryShape® implants have a low implant rupture rate.
- Reduced Risk of Wrinkling: Occasionally, liquid filled implants wrinkle, giving the breast a rippled, wrinkled look. The cohesive gel in the MemoryShape® implants isn’t a liquid, so it is less likely to distort and wrinkle.
- High Patient Satisfaction: The MemoryShape® implants have 97% patient satisfaction rating.
- Proven Safety Record: MemoryShape® implants have been used around the world (in over 70 countries) for over a decade. They have a proven safety record when used properly.
MemoryShape® implants have many advantages, but there are a few downsides as well. Since the implant is more solid than a liquid filled implant, it typically requires a larger incision. Some incision placements won’t work well with this type of implant. Dr. Sajjadian is very skilled at hiding and minimizing any scarring during surgery. Dr. Sajjadian can help you determine if the MemoryShape® implants are right for you.
Are you ready for breast augmentation? Would you like to learn more about the MemoryShape® implants? Contact our offices today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Sajjadian.