You try on clothes and test-drive cars, but when it comes to a nose job, you get what you get. Many of our patients want to change their nose but aren’t ready to commit to surgery. A busy job may prevent time away for recovery or the patient may be nervous about embracing a new look. If you’re not ready for rhinoplasty but want to change your nose, there are non-surgical options available. Come in for a consultation with our triple board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ali Sajjadian, and ask about our non-surgical nose job.
A Nose Job Without Surgery? How Does Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Work?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can change the appearance of the nose in as few as 15 minutes. Dermal fillers are injected into the nasal area, adding volume and reshaping the nose, without the need for stitches, incisions, or surgery.
The procedure is an outpatient procedure, performed at our beautiful office location. Dr. Sajjadian begins each non-surgical nose job by applying a numbing cream to the nose and surrounding tissues. Once the area is numb, Dr. Sajjadian injects filler, usually a hydroxylapatite filler like Radiesse® or a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvéderm® or Restylane®, into specific injection sites on and around the nose. Fat grafting is used occasionally in place of a conventional filler.
The procedure is quick, usually requiring less than 15 minutes. After the injections are completed, patients are free to leave and can even drive themselves home. Patients can return to work immediately, although some choose to take the rest of the day off.
Recovery symptoms are minimal and may include tenderness, bruising, redness, and swelling. These effects are minor and resolve quickly. We’ll check in on your results with a follow-up visit 2 weeks after your procedure. If any additional filler is needed, it can be applied at this time.
What Results Are Possible with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
There are some limitations to non-surgical rhinoplasty, but you’d be surprised by the results we can achieve. This procedure exclusively uses dermal fillers to add volume. There is no tissue removal or extraction. Since a non-surgical nose job always adds volume and never removes it, some might think that the nose will always appear larger after this procedure, but that isn’t true. Smoothing and balancing imperfections in the nose can reduce the appearance of a prominent nose, even though volume is added. We use fillers to play tricks on the eyes, creating a more balanced facial appearance. Bigger doesn’t always look bigger.
Think of it this way, a non-surgical rhinoplasty offers subtle tweaks and changes. A surgical rhinoplasty can address larger issues, like large nasal humps or crookedness. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is purely cosmetic and does not address breathing problems or structural issues within the nose. If you have a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, or an obstructed airway, a surgical fix is likely needed.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty isn’t as versatile as a surgical rhinoplasty and results are limited, but for the right patient, this procedure can transform the nose without surgery. Is it the right fit for you? You won’t know without a consultation. Call us to schedule yours.
The Benefits of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Dr. Sajjadian firmly believes in providing options for his patients. Surgical rhinoplasty is a great fit for many of our patients, but not for everyone. Non-surgical rhinoplasty offers our patients another option, an alternative to rhinoplasty with many unique benefits of its own.
What are the benefits of a non-surgical nose job?
- No downtime
- No scarring
- Minimal recovery and few side effects
- Quick, 15-minute treatment
- Immediately visible results
- Results last up to 9 months, depending on the fillers used
- Fully reversible with a hyaluronic acid filler
- Lower commitment and less expensive than surgery
- Drive yourself to and from treatment
What Are the Risks of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
There are risks to any procedure, but with dermal fillers, these risks are very low. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a complex procedure and requires an experienced provider with extensive knowledge of nasal anatomy. Dr. Sajjadian’s complication rate for this procedure is very low and most patients enjoy beautiful results, with no adverse affects. We’ll discuss the risks of this procedure during your consultation, but overall, this procedure is very safe, much safer than surgery.
How Long Do Results Last After a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Unlike the lifelong results achieved through surgical rhinoplasty, non-surgical rhinoplasty is temporary. Regular retreatment will be a necessity if you love your results and want them to last. Many of our patients use non-surgical rhinoplasty temporarily and opt for longer lasting surgical correction when they are ready and able to commit to surgery. Take a new look for a test drive and if you love it, come back and talk with us about more permanent rhinoplasty options.
The fillers we use are long-lasting. Your results will vary and depends largely on your body’s response to treatment. The type of filler used can also impact longevity. Typically, non-surgical rhinoplasty results last for up to 9 months. If we use a hyaluronic acid filler for your treatment, reversal is possible if the results aren’t as expected.
Choosing a Surgeon for Your Non-Surgical Nose Job in Orange County, CA
In the hands of a skilled surgeon, dermal fillers can transform the nose in minutes. Dr. Sajjadian achieves beautiful and natural looking results for his non-surgical nose job patients, without ever picking up a scalpel. It took years to perfect his injection techniques.
The nose is difficult to inject. A mix of cartilage, bone, and skin, makes using fillers on the nose a complex undertaking. For the best results, you need a surgeon that is comfortable and familiar with this unique type of cosmetic enhancement. A non-surgical nose job does use fillers, but it is much more complicated. Only receive this procedure from a trusted doctor with experience injecting fillers into the nose.
In Southern California, Dr. Sajjadian is one of the most qualified providers of the non-surgical nose job. He is triple board certified by three medical boards, one of only a few aesthetic surgeons to hold this honor. He has performed countless non-surgical rhinoplasties on both men and women.
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for Ethnic Noses
Wanting to change your nose, doesn’t mean you want to change your culture. The Newport Beach area is extremely diverse. Dr. Sajjadian treats patients with ethnic roots stemming from every corner of the globe. He is a highly sought after ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon and has refined his non-surgical nose job techniques to address common nasal issues found in many local ethnicities.
Your nose is uniquely yours, but often shares characteristics common to your ethnicity and genetic heritage. Learn how non-surgical ethnic rhinoplasty is treating common nasal complaints about our diverse patients, right here in Newport Beach:
- Middle Eastern- Patients from a Middle Eastern heritage often need strategically placed additional volume. This makes non-surgical options an easy fit for improving nasal appearance.
- African American- Bridge and tip definition are common requests for our African American patients. Dr. Sajjadian uses fillers to augment and define these aesthetically critical areas.
- Asian- Patients with Asian heritage often request a rounded nasal tip. We inject fillers into the tip to soften its appearance.
- Caucasian- Patients with genetic roots in Western Europe may desire a straighter nose, both in a front and profile view. We use fillers to hide a dorsal bump or to lift a drooping nasal tip.
- Latino- Increased tip definition can improve the nasal appearance of some Latino patients. Dr. Sajjadian uses fillers to create definition in the tip and to create better harmony between the nasal tip and the rest of the nose.
Although heritage may determine which nasal traits are most likely, we’ll use your anatomy and your desires, not your heritage to create a surgical plan. We customize each procedure, relying on Dr. Sajjadian’s deep understanding of facial anatomy and rhinoplasty.
Non-Surgical Revision Rhinoplasty in Newport Beach
A non-surgical technique is very popular for minor revisions when previous surgical rhinoplasty results weren’t as expected. Patients come to Dr. Sajjadian from across Southern California for advice and help after an unsatisfactory rhinoplasty performed by another surgeon. He is a skilled revision rhinoplasty surgeon and can surgically correct many problems using cartilage grafting and other advanced rhinoplasty techniques. He is also skilled at correcting minor bumps, hollows, and asymmetries using a non-surgical technique.
One of the difficulties of revision rhinoplasty is the slow healing of the nose. It can take up to a year for all nasal swelling to resolve after a surgical rhinoplasty. When rhinoplasty goes wrong, patients must wait for complete healing before revision is possible. Non-surgical rhinoplasty can make the wait easier by camouflaging abnormalities while the patient waits for complete healing.
Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
We are pleased to offer both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty options to our patients. Although they share the common goal of refining the nose, these two procedures are very different. A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to weigh options and choose a procedure.
Surgical rhinoplasties create a more dramatic result. They are permanent and results will last for a lifetime, with no retreatment needed. Non-surgical procedures are less invasive, more affordable, and more accessible. They allow patients to avoid surgery and “test drive” results. They are also a good fit for patients that need to minimize downtime.
Our Favorite Cosmetic Procedures for Commitment-phobes
If avoiding commitment is your thing, we’ve got you covered from head to toe. Take a quick peek at some of the other non-surgical, non-permanent options offered by Dr. Sajjadian.
- Lip Augmentation- Perfect that pucker without implants and surgery. Hyaluronic acid fillers provide additional volume to the delicate lip tissues. These soft gel fillers feel very natural in the lips and offer natural looking augmentation for several months. Fillers can also smooth smoker’s lines on and around the lips.
- Hand Rejuvenation- Aging hands are often overlooked. Give your hands some TLC with a rejuvenating treatment. Although we offer surgical options for the hands like skin excess correction and vein removal, many patients opt for a less invasive option. Skin treatments, peels, and lasers can smooth, thicken, and tighten the skin on the hands.
- Facial Fillers- Our fully reversible hyaluronic fillers are ideal for patients that don’t want to commit. From smoothing wrinkles to restoring youthful contours, these versatile fillers will keep your appearance at its best. We carry a full line of dermal fillers including Juvéderm®, Restylane®, Radiesse®, and Sculptra®.
- Botox®- The top wrinkle fighting treatment in the U.S., Botox® doesn’t need an introduction. This powerful neuromodulator helps to relax wrinkle-causing muscles. We love using it for crow’s feet and those stubborn creases between the brows. Botox® results last 3-4 months each treatment.
A lasting commitment isn’t required for lasting beauty. Call 949-515-0550 to schedule a non-surgical nose job consultation with Dr. Sajjadian.