Have your breasts fallen and they can’t get up? Women all over Newport Beach are getting their breasts back up with the breast lift procedure. Clients we see in consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. “Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I also need a lift?”
Sometime implants alone will correct drooping breasts. Here are a few scenarios where drooping breasts can be helped with breast augmentation alone:
- If the drooping is mild
- You want to be at least a cup size larger
- patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
However a breast lift (with or without an implant) is better in these scenarios:
- Drooping is moderate or severe
- Your breasts are large and pendulous
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- There is a long distance from the nipple and areola to the crease beneath the chest (more than 7 cm stretched skin, about 21/2 inches)
- You are already a C or D cup breast size and don’t want to be larger
- The areola is too large and you want it reduced
Of course, we do a series of breast measurements and go through a lot of photographs during consultations to make sure we are all clear on your specific desires and expectations. We also talk about the scar that breast lifts/augmentation can leave. Most clients are surprised how little the scar shows and are totally fine with proceeding.
If you’re in the Newport Beach area and your breasts have fallen and need a little lift, contact us today for a consultation. You and your breasts will be glad you did.