There are so many different types of cosmetic surgeons in practice today, so it is important to us that you make an informed decision when considering who may be the best plastic surgeon for you. One of the most important but sometimes confusing issues people face when choosing a surgeon is that of board certification. It is of extreme importance to make sure than anyone who operates on you or a loved one meets the stringent qualifications that are required to board certified in the surgery subspecialties. Always seek out a surgeon who is board certified in the correct field of expertise. If you are considering surgery of the face and neck, that area of expertise is facial plastic surgery. These surgeons will be board certified in American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, as well as the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Facial plastic surgeons go through years of dedicated training and are experienced in performing any or all of the following:
- Nasal surgery: Also known as a rhinoplasty (rye -no-plasty) is surgery of the nose that often removes cartilage and bone to reshape and reconstructed the nose.
- Eyelid surgery: Also known as blepharoplasty (blef-a-roe-plasty) is a surgery of the eyelids where fat and excess skin, bags, pouches, wrinkles in the eye area are removed to make the eyes look less tired.
- Facelift: Technically called a rhytidectomy (rit-id-ek-tomy) is surgery to reverse the signs of aging by removing excess skin and tighten muscles in the neck and lower part of the face.
- Forehead lift: Also referred to as a brow lift is surgery done to minimize forehead lines and wrinkles, and elevate brows to reduce lid drooping which then leaves a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
- Chin augmentation: Here’s a term you probably haven’t heard much of, but chin enhancements are also called: Genioplasty (jeen-e-o-plasty) or mentoplasty (men-to-plasty). This surgery is performed to make a small chin more prominent or reduce a prominent chin.
- Ear surgery: Also known as and Otoplasty (oh-toe-plasty) it is a surgery often done to “pin back” the ears by reshaping the cartilage.
- Facial reconstruction: These are often restorative procedure that are done due to disfigurement or damage done from an accident or disease. These surgeries may be done to restore both function and appearance. They often include scar revision, fracture repair, laceration repair, vascular birth mark treatment, cleft lip and palate repair, surgery for craniofacial deformities, orthognathic surgery, or reconstruction after tumor removal.
Many facial plastic surgeons are board certified in plastic surgery of the body as well. If you are looking for a skill, qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeon, look no further and contact Dr. Ali Sajjadian’s office today. You will be in good hands.