Men… Don’t let the ladies have all the fun. Men love plastic surgery too. Which procedures are most popular with men? The answers might surprise you. Let’s take a look.
Top Surgical Cosmetic Procedures for Men
When it comes to cosmetic surgery, men and women are different. The procedures most requested by men are not the same as the top procedures for women. Some of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures for men include:
- Male Breast Reduction– Year after year one of the top procedures for men is male breast reduction. This procedure treats gynecomastia, or enlarged breasts in men. Breast tissue is extracted and fat is removed using liposuction (depending on your needs one or both of these will be performed). More than 26,000 male breast reductions were performed in 2014, all on male patients.
- Rhinoplasty– Last year 54,680 rhinoplasties were performed on male patients in the U.S. Many of these were likely ethnic rhinoplasty Both men and women can benefit from nose reshaping. Rhinoplasty can remove humps, correct the nose’s tip, resize, reshape, etc. Ethnic rhinoplasty is a more complex version of traditional rhinoplasty for patients with a non-Caucasian heritage.
- Liposuction– Do you work hard at the gym, but still aren’t seeing the definition in your abs that you’d like? The problem could be a stubborn layer of fat over your muscles. By removing it with liposuction, you could finally see the results you’ve been working so hard for. Liposuction isn’t just for enhancing curves in the ladies, it can be used on men to shape and perfect the body. It is one of the most effective solutions for stubborn fat. Last year men received 12% of all liposuction treatments for a total of 24,327.
- Calf Implants– If you have chicken legs, calf implants may help. Exercise alone isn’t always enough to create muscle definition in the lower legs. Dr. Sajjadian uses 2 different techniques to enhance the calves: fat grafting or calf implants. The method used will depend on your needs and situation. Last year 55% of the calf augmentation procedures performed were done on male patients.
- Eyelid Lift– Older men often opt for an eyelid lift (blepharoplasty). This procedure can rejuvenate the appearance of the eyes. If you do opt for this procedure, make sure you choose a highly qualified surgeon like Dr. Sajjadian. The delicate skin around the eyes must be treated with the upmost care. More than 29,000 blepharoplasty procedures were performed on men in 2014.
Don’t Forget Minimally Invasive Options
And don’t forget about the many minimally invasive cosmetic treatments available to men. Laser year alone 410,913 men received Botox® treatments. Dermal fillers, chemical peels, laser hair removal, and microdermabrasion were other popular minimally invasive options for men.
Men deserve to look great too. Call today and schedule your appointment with Dr. Sajjadian. We love our male patients!