Whether you’re planning on using your Christmas break to finally get that breast augmentation or wondering if the results of your liposuction will great in time for Holidays, this guide is for you. It will help you navigate the complexities of plastic surgery and holiday parties so you can enjoy the fun of the holiday season and the perks of plastic surgery too. This holiday season give yourself the gift of looking good.
Timing Is Everything
When planning plastic surgery before or during the holidays, one of the biggest factors to consider is timing. If you want to be healed and looking great in time for holiday parties, you’ll need to schedule your procedures well in advance so you have time to heal. If you’re hoping to use holiday downtime for recovery, you’ll need to know what you can/can’t do so you can plan your holiday celebrations accordingly.
How much time do you need? Here are some estimations for some of our most popular plastic surgery procedures.
- Breast Augmentation– Most patients heal from breast augmentation very quickly. You should be able to attend mild holiday celebrations a couple of days post-surgery as long as you’re careful with hugs and take it easy. Bear in mind that your surgical garments may be visible, depending on what you wear. Full recovery with no restrictions takes about 6 weeks and it may take a few months for your implants to settle. Most women look party perfect (with the right clothing) 1-2 months after surgery.
- Liposuction– Most people need 2 weeks or less off from work after liposuction. You should be able to attend a mild holiday party well before then. If you want to get liposuction for a gorgeous holiday body, you may be too late. It generally takes about 3 months for the swelling to start to go down after liposuction. It can take several months before you see the full results. Scheduling your treatment now will give you a gorgeous shape in plenty of time for summer.
- Rhinoplasty– If you’re planning a pre-holiday rhinoplasty, give yourself 10-14 days before any public appearances (you may be able to handle a mild holiday at home with family sooner) and at least 3-4 weeks before any big, important events. At 10-14 days you will still have swelling, but you won’t look bruised or like you’ve just had surgery. About a month after surgery much of the swelling will have gone down and although you won’t see the full results of your nose surgery, you’ll be close to party perfect.
- Facelift– About 1-2 weeks after a facelift most patients are comfortable heading out of the house for trips to the store, etc. You may have some bruising so a scarf and sunglasses, or makeup, will likely be needed. If you want to look great, plan for about 4 weeks of recovery before any major holiday parties or appearances.
- Botox® and Fillers- Botox® and fillers can be used very effectively with minimal or no downtime. Together with mild chemical peeling they can be very helpful with quick results with no incisions or scarring.
- Tips for Post-Surgery Holiday Parties
If you do attend holiday parties shortly after surgery, make sure you follow Dr. Sajjadian’s instructions carefully. Don’t smoke. Don’t drink alcohol. Take it easy and give yourself time to heal. If you need to leave and go rest, do. Healing is important and if you miss a holiday party or two this year, it is worth it considering how good you’ll look next year. Christmas comes every year, but you only have one opportunity to heal from your plastic surgery.
The holidays can be a great time for plastic surgery if you plan the timing right. Call us today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Sajjadian.