Got wrinkles? We’ve got the solution. Come in and see Dr. Sajjadian for fewer wrinkles and younger looking skin. We offer a wide array of wrinkle treatments. Call us today and learn more.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are a part of getting older. They have many causes including:
- Breakdown of Connective Tissue- Wrinkles occur as the connective tissues in the skin break down. Collagen and elastin levels decrease as the skin ages. Sun exposure and UV radiation can also contribute to the breakdown of connective tissue.
- Movement- Movement can also cause wrinkles; each time you smile, laugh, cry, etc. a groove forms beneath the skin. As the skin ages, it doesn’t bounce back as easily and wrinkles form.
- Age Related Skin Changes- Your skin changes as you get older. It becomes less elastic and more fragile. Natural oil production decreases which can cause skin to look more wrinkled. Fat layers shift leading to drooping, sagging skin and more pronounced wrinkles.
Wrinkles are a part of life, but there are things you may be doing that can make them worse. Avoid these problem behaviors to give your skin the best chance against wrinkles.
- Excessive Sun Exposure- Sun exposure is one of the biggest causes of premature skin aging. Wear sunscreen every day.
- Smoking- Smoking accelerates the aging process of the skin and can lead to premature wrinkles. Stop smoking, your health and your skin will thank you.
I Have Wrinkles … What Are My Treatment Options?
Wrinkles happen, but you can treat them. We offer a variety of treatment options. Come in for personalized advice and recommendations. Call today!
- Botox®- For wrinkles caused by muscle movement, Botox® is one of the best options available. This injectable treatment temporarily relaxes these muscles and allows the wrinkles to soften and fade. When injected properly the result is smooth and natural. Dr. Sajjadian uses his expertise and skill as an accomplished plastic surgeon to determine the best placement for injections for a natural looking result.
- Dermal Fillers– For wrinkles caused by shifting fat, dermal fillers are an excellent solution. They can restore lost facial volume, create contours, etc.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing- Laser skin resurfacing doesn’t just treat wrinkles; it treats a variety of age related skin changes including hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, wrinkling, and more. This treatment is ideal for increasing your skin’s collagen and elastin levels for tighter, smoother skin.
If you have wrinkles, give us a call. We can help you rediscover smooth, younger looking skin.