Dr. Sajjadian created this infographic on five things to know about breast augmentation to help his patients learn more about breast augmentation surgery. This infographic contains helpful information on what breast augmentation is, what is used and how it is performed. It also includes patient testimonials and before and after pictures.
- Breast augmentation is one of the most widely requested plastic surgery procedures in the United States, and especially around the beaches of Southern California.
- Silicone implants are filled with a silicone gel material that many women believe feels more similar to natural breast tissue. Silicone implants are pre-filled and require a larger incision to place.
- Breast augmentation is performed on an outpatient basis at a local surgery center. Anesthesia will be administered to prevent you from feeling any discomfort during surgery.
- Dr. Sajjadian makes the surgical incisions either around the nipples, underneath the breast crease, in the armpit or in the navel. He is careful to create and place the incisions in a way that minimizes any visible scarring after surgery.
- Dr. Sajjadian will carefully make a pocket for the implant either between the pectoral muscle and the breast tissue or underneath the pectoral muscle. It depends on your body type, how much natural breast tissue you have and the type of implant used.
To learn more about breast augmentation, or to schedule your consultation, please contact Dr. Sajjadian.