People from all over the Newport Beach/ Orange County area come to us asking about whether or not they are a good candidate for a lower body lift and/or upper body lift. Many of these people have undergone bariatric surgery or other method to lose large amounts of weight but are still frustrated by the presence of excess skin in the lower abdomen as well as loose or wrinkled skin along the thighs and buttocks. Most of these clients are perfect candidates for a lower body lift, which can remove sagging skin and/or cellulite below the waistline while also tightening some of the abdominal muscles allowing them to show off the slimmer new body they have. Other common reasons why we do lower body lifts here in Newport Beach include:
- Pregnancy and/or aging that has left loose skin and cellulite below the waistline.
- Loose skin on the hips, the sides and fronts of your thighs, your inner thighs and your abdomen after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Layers of fat below loose, thin skin that shows a large amount of cellulite.
According to leading Newport Beach Plastic Surgeons, a good candidates for a lower body lift will be/have most of the following:
- Non-smoker. Smoking significantly interferes with the healing process, increasing the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, we advise you quit at least six weeks before surgery.
- Stable weight for about a year, with no further significant weight changes expected because you’d hate to have a body lift and then have the results altered by weight loss or gain. Ideally, body contouring should not be done for about two years after the start of any massive-weight-loss program. Sometimes the skin will shrink on its own.
- Nutrition should also be stabilized and optimized to put you in the best position for recovery. For example, protein deficiencies can slow with healing if you’re malnourished.
- Overall good health without chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease. Those with chronic medical problem need clearance from their primary care provider before any type of body lift procedure.